How To Be A Millionaire By Retirement
Most people in the work force today would like to know how to be a millionaire by retirement, but never take the time to find out how. Too many people think that the only way to retire a millionaire is to win the lottery. The fact is, that with good planning and a little sacrifice, just about anyone can be a millionaire by retirement with out winning the lottery. Here is how.
- Calculate out how long you have until you retire. Simply subtract the age you would like to retire at by your current age and then multiply that number by twelve. This will give you the number of months you have until retirement. Once you know how many months you have until you retire, you can move on to the next step.
- Find out how much you need to save every month to be a millionaire by retirement. To do this, take the number of months you calculated in step one and enter it into any online calculator. Along with the number of months, you will also need to enter one million dollars as the amount you would like to save and how much you expect to get in interest. Around 8% is a reasonable interest rate to expect. Then submit the information to find out how much you need to save every month in order to retire.
- Start a budget to find the money to put toward your retirement. Now that you know exactly how much you need to save every month in order to be a millionaire by retirement, you need to come up with that money some how. Write down your income and subtract your current expenses from that number. If there is anything left over in your current budget, allocate it toward your retirement savings.
- Cut down expenses if you cannot find enough money in your budget. If you are like most, you likely do not have enough money to set aside in your current budget to retire a millionaire. So look to see if there are expenses you can cut back on. Maybe you can eat out less, down grade your cell phone plan, clip coupons, or even sell a car you do not need. Remember, the sacrifices you make will be worth it when you see that seven digit number in your account when you retirement.
- Start making extra money if you still fall short on your monthly savings goal. Work some extra hours, start freelancing, write online articles or even donate plasma to make some extra money to reach your one million dollar goal. Between cutting your expenses and making extra money, you should be able to save enough money every month to be a millionaire by retirement.
- Diversify your investments to prevent major setbacks if a market crashes. Having enough money to save every month is only half the battle though. You must also invest properly by spreading out your investments. This way, you will not loose your life savings if one stock crashes. So, spread your investments between stocks, bonds, mutual funds and property to prevent financial disaster.
- Continue to save until you reach your retirement goal. You will never be a millionaire by retirement if you stop saving and investing money every month. So no matter how hard it might be, never quit saving money for your retirement. Though it may be hard now, you will be glad you did in the long run.