If you want to know how to be romantic to your wife, you will first need to pay close attention to your wife's interests. A woman who shuns conventions and traditional gifts will probably not find a bouquet of roses romantic. You can be romantic to your wife in many different ways, and here are a few simple suggestions to get you going in the right direction.
- Treat her to something she has been wanting to do that you don't like. You may hate dancing and musicals, yet to be romantic to your wife you can take her out to a show and dancing to show her how much she means to you. When you do something for her that is completely unselfish (or at least mostly unselfish), she will recognize the fact and find it romantic.
- Go on a romantic day trip. Day trips can include drives through the country, wine tasting, and nature hikes. Trips like these allow you to be romantic to your wife and enjoy beautiful sights without having to make big schedule changes.
- Make her a present. Expensive gifts are nice, but they are not as romantic as gifts from the heart. Even if you are a terrible artist or craftsman, you can make her something special (like a card, poem, scrapbook, painting, or necklace) to be romantic to your wife.
- Take her on a surprise trip. This is a bit of a risk–it can either end up amazingly romantic, or you may have an angry wife who is annoyed that her plans were changed. To be romantic to your wife, make sure that you know whether she likes big surprises, small ones, or no surprises at all. If she does not like surprises, taking her away on a surprise trip is a very bad idea.
- Do something with her that you don't like doing. This may not seem romantic, but she will likely recognize that you are doing the action out of love and to show her how much you care for her. Examples of being romantic to your wife include voluntarily going to the store with her, helping her pick out decorations for the home, helping her with yardwork or housework, and cooking dinner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.