How To Be Self Confident On A Date
A lot of people worry about how to be self-confident on a date. And that’s part of the problem. A lot of people psych themselves up so much before a date that, by the time date night arrives, they are nervous, jittery, tense and basically the complete opposite of self-confident. But here are some tips that will help you to be more self-confident on a date.
- Try some pre-date relaxation. It might seem weird to prepare for a date. But, if you want her to see you as self-confident, you’ll do whatever it takes, right? So, before your date, do things that relax you. Watch some TV. Play video games. Even take a nap. If it will help put you in a more calm, relaxed mood, do it.
- Think up some things to talk about. Another thing you can do before the date is make a list of things to talk about. Whether it’s just a mental list or you actually write it down on a piece of paper doesn’t matter. If you don’t want a momentary lull in conversation to turn into a long, awkward silence, having a list of topics on hand is key. And if some of the topics on your list are things you know she cares about, even better.
- Ask her about herself. People love to talk about themselves if given half a chance. So why not give your date openings that let her wax poetic about her life. This is great if you yourself don’t like to do a lot of talking. And, at the end of the evening, all she’ll remember is what a self-confident guy and smooth conversationalist you are.
- Remember, she wouldn’t be there if she didn’t like you already. This is one a lot of guys seem to forget once the date starts. But would a woman go out with you if she didn’t already like something about you? Probably not. Keeping that in mind will help you relax and feel more self-confident.
- A little self-deprecating humor doesn’t hurt. This doesn’t mean putting yourself down or making fun of yourself. But, if you have a little mishap during the date, try to laugh it off. People who are able to wave off life’s little errors seem much more self-confident than those who can’t.