If you're going to a shindig soon and you're a little shy, it's a good idea to learn how to be social at a party beforehand. In truth, some people are just naturally social and attract attention naturally at a party, but in other cases being social at a party is a learned art.
- Dance. But only if you know how and there's some good music playing. A good dancer will attract the attention of people at the party. People (particularly women) will draw in to you, dance with you, and possibly continue to hang out with you at the party if they like how you move on the dance floor. This is a great way to be social at a party.
- Strike up a conversation with a friend. To be social at a party, you can't be scared to strike up conversations with people. Start with your friends or acquaintances who like you. They will introduce you to other people you don't know and include you in other conversations. Don't underestimate the power of connections if you want to be social at a party.
- Wear an attention-getting clothing item. One way to be social at a party is to give other people something to talk to you about. Wear a funny T-shirt or hat that will cause people to stare and ask questions. Be prepared with a witty remark related to the item that doesn't seem too rehearsed or corny.
- Help the host. If you're attending a house party where the host seems to be running around like crazy, offer to help her out as a way to be more social at a party. She may appreciate the gesture and introduce you to others after you've finished helping her bring out the food trays.
- Don't be fake, contrived, or drunk. When you're trying to be social at a party, it's important to relax and be yourself. Don't try too hard because people will sense that you're desperate for attention. Don't stand on the wall, but don't force your way into groups or be annoying about trying to talk to people. And whatever you do, don't get drop down drunk!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."