How To Be A Vet
If you love people and animals then you many be interested in learning how to be a vet. A career as a vet can be very rewarding in many ways, but in order to become a vet you wil need to prepare first. This article will show you the steps you can take to become a vet.
- Volunteer. Volunteering your time is a great first step in becoming a vet. There are many places that you can volunteer at such as animal hospitals, farms, ranches, and a humane society just to name a few. Volunteering your time to help animals looks great on your resume and it will give you some experience with working closely with animals.
- Choose the right college. You should aim for colleges that offer pre-veterinary programs if possible. Other majors to consider are biology and other various sciences. It is important that you keep your grade point average high so that it will be easier to get into a veterinary school.
- Enroll in veterinary school. Veterinary school will give you all the tools to become a vet. Choose an accredited college with a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
- Get your veterinary license. Once you graduate from veterinary school you will need to take the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam in order to get your veterinary license. You should not practice without a license.
- Get a job. Once you have passed all of the required tests and have your license then you are now a vet. You can begin practicing vet medicine. You may choose to work in an already established practice or start your own.