How To Beat Stronghold 2
Learning how to beat Stronghold 2 can mean a variety of different things. This popular medieval tactical computer game offers a plethora of ways to play. Beating one quest or mission only means you have another type to beat. In Stronghold 2, you can play in both times of peace and times of war. If you want to beat Stronghold 2, it is recommended you start out in peace mode, for at least a short while. You'll need to create a thriving city with the ability to be self sustaining, before you take on battles that will deplete you resources. In general, if you plan to beat Stronghold 2, you must follow these steps, though going in order may not be possible.
- Start out in peace mode. Your castle is fragile and weak at this point. It only consists of a main stronghold.
- Place a granary in your castle. The granary is used to store food for the kingdom. This is also where you can adjust rations for your town. Extra rations will keep your popularity meter soaring, but you may not be able to afford to keep your kingdom so well fed. Start on the default setting of “normal” but keep a keen eye on your food supply. If you run out, everyone will be miserable. You can have up to nine granaries.
- Start harvesting food. Apple orchids are the best way to start out, because they are relatively cheap, and produce a high yield to the granary. As you start earning money from taxes, add other, more sustaining farms to your castle, such as dairy and wheat farms. You need a mill to make flower, and then a bakery to make bread.
- Produce resources. These will be vital in earning revenues for the town, but also are a necessity to raise an army. Wood is the most important resource. You’re given enough to set up camp and build granaries, but you must start producing it immediately. Build wood camps in heavily wooded areas. Stone Quarries produce stone and can only be placed on the white rocks. You cannot build your castle without stone. Iron mines can only be placed on the reddish rocks, and is needed to produce swords, maces and metal armor. You cannot beat Stronghold 2 without a vast array of resources.
- Manage your workers. You may be tempted to build many different resource buildings, but keep in mind you need multiple townspeople at each location. Building without having someone to work is just a waste, so keep your taxes low and your citizens happy. More people will come to your town if the popularity is elevated.
- Upgrade your castle. As you have the resources and money available, build a wall, gatehouse, and towers. These too can be further upgraded after you build.
- War. Build an armory as soon as you can to keep weapons stocked. You can have up to eight. You must also get barracks built, even before you have weapons, because you must train peasants to become soldiers. When you are able, also place a tunneler’s guild and an engineer’s guild. These are specialties necessary to winning wars. Training troops and keeping them well armed is imperative for beating the Stronghold 2 battle oriented campaigns and missions.
There are sieges, raids and missions that you, as the Lord of the Castle, can choose to partake in. There are also challenges relating to food and resource production. Beating these can be a form of beating Stronghold 2. There is even an on-line mode players can explore. With so many modes to experience, you could Beat Stronghold 2 several times, in several different ways, and still have so much more to do. Thus the brilliance of Firefly studios, for creating a game that people may never tire of.