When learning how to become a deacon, you must be serious and focused. Considering that a deacon is a church official, only faithful servants of god should be deacons. The qualifications for a deacon are outlined in the Bible. The qualification outline can be found in Timothy 3:1-12.
- Have dignity. Be known as a spiritual person among your peers. Gain a respectable reputation in your home, community, and church. As a deacon, you will be seen by many. It is important to show your spiritual qualities.
- Do not be double tongued. Lying is unacceptable as a deacon. Do not share false prophecies or make promises that can not be kept. To become a deacon, people have to think of you as trustworthy.
- Cannot have addictions. To become a deacon, it is important to have no drug or alcohol dependencies. Church officials like to be thought of as having sober minds.
- Not out for personal gain. When trying to become a deacon, you should be showing your willingness to give and sacrifice. Those who are out for personal gain or pleasure are not fit to be a deacon.
- Hold the mystery of faith with a clear conscience. Deacons are supposed to be able to keep a clear conscience. They should know the word of God and do what is in the word of God.
- Prove yourself. The best way to be a deacon is to live like one. Prove yourself by living like a deacon if you are ready to become one. Becoming a deacon is something that should come naturally.
- Must have one wife or husband. A deacon should have their love life under control. Having affairs and multiple spouses can show instability. When you become a deacon you will be looked up to. This kind of behavior is unacceptable.
- Manage your household properly. You should be close with your spouse and children. A person that does not have productive relationships can not be a deacon. The inability to build close bonds will disqualify you from becoming a deacon.
- Practice temperance. Deacons must have the quality of patience. You must be considered a serious and emotionally stable servant of God. Anyone that cannot practice self control would not make a good deacon.
- Be faithful in all things. A deacon should be the best at everything they do. They usually complete all tasks full heartedly. To become a deacon, you must first be a reliable servant of God and your church.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.