How To Become A Flight Attendant
One might think that the way how to become a flight attendant is difficult, however, it's really not. It can be an exciting job, travelling the country or even the world. Although, you do have to deal with cranky passengers at the same time. But for some, becoming a flight attendant is their dream.
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent. This is pretty much a must have in order to become a flight attendant. However, it is not always necessary to have a college degree. Although a degree, or at least some college experience, is much more highly looked upon and some airlines may require that you have a two-year degree.
- Meet the minimum age requirements. Most major airlines require you to be 21 to be a flight attendant. There are some that only require flight attendants to be eighteen or older.
- Have customer service experience. Having experience in some sort of customer service will drastically effect your chances of getting hired. Some airlines may require some experience, while others may not. Many specific qualifications depend on the airline.
- Know a second, or third, language. This is not a requirement, but again, if you are fluent in another language(s) then your chances of being hired improve drastically.
- Get your passport. This is generally a requirement to work as a flight attendant. You will also have to have your social security card.
- Apply for jobs. The only thing left to do is to apply for flight attendant jobs at different airlines and hope for the best!