How To Become Glam
More stars are moving back to glittery fashion and learning how to be glam. If your girlfriend or wife is looking for a new look, glam might be the way. There are two types of glam styles in the fashion industry right now. The first one is Diva Glam and it’s the look of glittery jewelry and clothing, which is being worn by Jennifer Lopez and even Christina Aguillera. The other side of glam is a more dressed down version and it includes a more casual and understated clothing style. This type of glam is seen being sported by Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson and it’s a look that can easily be pulled off by adding a few items to your girl's existing wardrobe.
- Halter tops expose the shoulders and back and they have a very sexy and glam look. Adding a few of these to her wardrobe will give that glam appearance without looking trashy or inexpensive.
- Stilettos or heels are critical to the glam look. Select a shoe with glittery straps for a trendy look. There are many styles to choose from, but it needs to be at least a three-inch heel.
- A trendy hat or sunglasses is a great accessory to have in your wardrobe. They can make any outfit look glam. Even a T-shirt and jeans can be glam as long as you are wearing one of these accessories.
- No glam wardrobe would be complete without at least one designer handbag. These can be expensive, so if you can’t afford one, find a cheaper nock off version.
- Necklaces are feminine and sensual, but to be glam they should be large pieces that stand out and that catch the eye. It can be plain glass or the real thing, just make sure that you have a couple of these in your wardrobe.
- Bracelets are sexy and fun, so choose from skinny bangles in silver, gold or brass and wear them in large numbers. Cuff and chain-link bracelets are also great glam options.
- Earrings should be in proper proportion to your face for the best look. Gold and pearl buttons are typically for daytime use, while dangling earrings are an appropriate evening option. Hoops are always standard and go with just about everything.
- Rings are definitely part of a glam wardrobe and birthstone rings are one of the classics. Look for simple slim baguette bands, gold cigar bands and insignia rings.
- Makeup is an essential and look for a good bronzer for your skin color. Eye makeup should be bold and standout and shiny lip-glosses are all rage right now.
Getting the glam look only takes a few items to pull it off, but your girl should also have poise and confidence. For example, if she's not used to wearing heels, she should practice wearing them around the house to avoid tripping and falling in public. She should go through her wardrobe for the items listed above and see what glam items she already has. Chances are you won’t have to buy much once you go through all your clothing and accessories. Consignment shops and second hand stores are other good options for finding the perfect items to complete your girlfriend's glam look.