How To Become A Golfer
Do you want to learn how to become a golfer? You must do a few things before stepping onto a golf course: buy golfing equipment, take lessons from a local pro, and practice at a range. When you feel you are ready, you can take the next step--playing on a local golf course.
- Buy a set of golf clubs at a golf speciality shop or sporting goods store. When you are at the speciality shop or sporting goods store, get yourself fitted for a pair of golf shoes. Before you leave, buy a couple dozen golf balls and a bag of tees.
- Sign up at the local driving range to take lessons from golf pro. The golf pro will teach you how to swing the golf clubs properly. He will show you the correct way to play golf and etiquette on the golf course. When you take lessons with a golf pro, he will have you hit golf balls on the driving range.
- Go to a driving range. You can put your golf ball on a golf tee and hit the ball onto the range. Golf ranges also have rubber tees. Stay away from these rubber tees. When you become a golfer, you will be hitting the golf ball off a regular tee. You should hit golf balls on the golf range the same way you will be hitting golf balls on a golf course.
Golf ranges also have practice putting ranges. Spend time on these putting ranges. Learn how to use your putter. Spend a lot of time practicing. When you have learned how to hit the golf ball, you are ready to play golf on a golf course.
- Find some friends who want to play a round of golf. Pick a course and set a tee time. Follow the rules of the golf course. Dress accordingly. You cannot be a golfer unless you follow the rules. Listen to the people in charge on the golf course. Have fun with your friends and enjoy yourself!
- Continue to play golf on other golf courses. Learn the courses. After plenty of practice, you may be ready to enter a local tournament.