- Take courses or degree programs to prepare becoming a good herbal nutritionist. While there is no specific course that will prepare you to become specialized in herbal nutrition, there are degree programs that you can consider taking up to prepare you to become a herbal nutritionist. There are schools–online or on-campus–that offer degrees related to herbal nutrition. You can take up holistic nutrition program where you can learn herbology or the study of herbs from nature and how they can prevent or cure body ailments. Take further education to advance your knowledge and pursue a master’s degree in oriental medicine. This advance education is offered to those who have finished their bachelor’s degree and some are open to licensed acupuncturists.
- Decide on what specific field you wanted to focus when you become a herbal nutritionist. Careers in herbal nutrition field are wide. You can work as consultant in integrative clinic or in your own practice. You can also work as a researcher in supplements companies or whole foods organization; become a teacher; sport nutritionist; nutrition writer; counselor; and a herbalist.
- A herbal nutritionist is well informed about herbs, their medicinal value, side effects and contraindications. They have good understanding about herb storage, shelf life, safety of use and proper intake dosage. This makes herbal nutritionists valuable in the herbal nutritional and dietary supplement industry.
- As a herbal nutritionist, you should seek continuing education and go through additional training. To become a reputable and reliable herbal nutritionist you should engage in continuing education to deepen your understanding regarding your field. In this way you will be able to deliver a good practice of being a herbal nutritionist. .
- If a state certification or registration is required, you should comply to become a legitimate practitioner as a herbal nutritionist. In the United States, an herbal nutritionist is a self-defined profession. While there is no state licensure for this field, certification programs are available after some degree of training that are offered by professional herbalists.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.