Need to know how to become a male swimsuit model? If you are interested in the world of swimsuit modeling, then knowing how to get started as a model will probably benefit you. Becoming a male swimsuit model is not a cut-and-dry process. There is a lot that can affect your chances of becoming a successful male model, so check out the tips below.
To become a male swimsuit model, you will need:
- A good amount of time and money
- Start by first checking yourself against the standard for swimsuit models to judge your chances of becoming one. Most male models are around six feet tall, give or take a couple of inches. They also usually weigh less than 200 pounds. If you do not fit into this description, don’t give up! It will only make your chances a little better if you do have these qualities.
- Now, you want to go to a photo shoot and get some shots done. The photographer will take pictures of you in a variety of poses, such as arms crossed, flexing, etc. He will also do close ups of your head and your better features. These photos will help you to start your portfolio, which is very important. Since you are planning on being a swimsuit model, make sure you have a few bathing suit shots.
- Send your picture portfolio to some companies in your local area. The exact companies can differ depending on where you live; just check the internet or phone book for modeling agencies in your area. Try to find specific agencies that specialize in swimsuit pictures, since that is your specialty!
- If you don’t have any luck, or if you get a lot of work and decide to look for bigger gigs, move to a big city! There are a bunch of cities with thriving modeling industries to choose from, such as New York, Atlanta, Detroit or San Francisco. These are the places where your career will have the best chance of taking off!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?