Want to know how to become a middle school basketball coach? Becoming a middle school basketball coach can lead to quite a rewarding position. If you are passionate about basketball and knowledgeable about the game, then you can have a big impact on young players wanting to learn the sport. If you are serious about pursuing a career in coaching, then middle school basketball is an excellent place to start.
To become a middle school basketball coach, you will need:
- Knowledge of the rules and strategy of basketball
- A resume with any relevant coaching experience (some coaching experience would be a plus)
- A list of middle schools that are currently hiring basketball coaches
- The first step in becoming a middle school basketball coach is gaining a complete knowledge of basketball rules and strategy. You should check with your local state activities organization and obtain a basketball rule book for the current year. You should also read as much as you can about basketball strategy. The more knowledge you have, the better you will be as a coach.
- Once you feel that you have sufficient knowledge to be a coach, you should search the classifieds and contact local middle schools. See if they are hiring any basketball coaches. You need to look into the requirements to be a coach that are set by the school district. Some require you to be a faculty member, others require just a teaching certificate, and then there are some that only require you to take a coaching course and first aid course.
- After you have found middle schools that are hiring basketball coaches, you should submit a resume. Make sure that your resume includes a complete history with education, work experience, coaching experience and any certifications you might hold.
- The final step is to follow up with a call to the athletic director or school principal to let him know that you are interested in the position. Use this as an opportunity to personally introduce yourself and add any other relevant information that you feel would get you the job.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.