Wondering how to become a professional foot massager? You will need to attend massage therapy classes. If you do a little looking around you should find a community college that offers this course. Some schools require that you take a human anatomy class prior to massage therapy.
- To become a professional foot massager, you will need:
- To find a school that offers classes, and register with that school.
- Graduate with a degree/certificate in massage therapy.
- Become nationally certified by passing the National Certification Exam for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- Meet the requirements of your state by getting licensed to work as a massage therapist.
- Research schools in your area to see if any of them offer a massage therapy course. Once you have found one you will need to enroll. After filling out the necessary paperwork you should get a list of books you will need. It’s generally a good idea to familiarize yourself with the course work before your first class.
- Once you have finished up all your necessary class work you need to become nationally certified. Almost every state recognizes NCBTMB certification and it will look good to your potential clients. If you’re not sure where to get an NCBTMB talk with your Professor and they will point you in the right direction.
- Almost states regulate the practice of massage therapy. Which will mean that you need to get licensed with the state you are working in before starting a practice or joining a hospital. Once you have completed the necessary hours and papers you will be well on your way.
- Once you’ve completed everything to become a professional massager; you will have to find a place to conduct business. You will have a few options that include: working from your home, starting your own practice, or working in a hospital setting. If you work from home or start your own practice you’ve got a lot of responsibility keeping track of your books, and it might be a good idea to get help from an accountant. If you decided to work in a hospital things will be easier, because you wont have so many things to keep track of.
In the end you need to decide what will work best for you. Message therapy is a lucrative field of work. With most full time message therapist working a max of 17 hours a weeks. The spend the rest of their time doing paperwork. If you think you have the patients to attend school and go through all the certification processes then this will be perfect for you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?