If you want to know how to become a Rasta, you must be identifying with the Rastafarians. Rastafari is a political, cultural, and religious movement that began in Jamaica. Internationally, Rastafari gained a lot of popularity with Bob Marley and reggae music. Today, likely over a million people practice Rastafari. If you want to embrace Rasta, you need to do these things:
- Grow your hair in long, natural, matted dreadlocks. Do not straighten your hair. Do not shave. Wear a lot of red, gold, black, and green, which are the colors on the Rasta flag, and are associated with the Rasta movement.
- Listen to reggae music. Listen to Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, and others. Listen and learn from the lyrics, which tell you a lot about being a Rasta.
- Hail Ras Tafari, (Haile Selassie I,) the 1930’s emperor of Ethiopia, as a Christ like figure. Call God “Jah," and accept Marcus Garvey as having been a prophet.
- Become culturally African, especially Ethiopian. Reject all Western political and economic control and cultural influences. Call Western influence and society, “Babylon.”
- Promote peace and economic justice. Eat natural foods. Don’t pollute, and take care of the earth.
- Learn to speak Lyaric, a specialized vocabulary for Rastas. Use the pronoun “I and I” instead of me. Do not refer to the Rastafari movement as “Rastafarianism.” Reject “isms and schisms.”
- Smoke marijuana as a spiritual practice, only.
- Consider moving to Jamaica for awhile. There, you can find other Rastas and live in a communal Rastafari community based in a West African village.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!