For those who want to learn about how to become a staff accountant, first know that they are is usually employed by an accounting firm. There are some basic requirements that must be fulfilled for those interested in wanting to become a staff accountant. The staff accountant may work for a private or public company. The accountant is responsible for maintaining the company’s financial records. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, accountants earned a median annual wage of $59, 430 in May 2008.
- Obtain a college degree. Choose an accounting program offered at many universities and colleges. Most employers require an accounting degree to become employed as a staff accountant. Many individuals who desire to advance into management positions may obtain a master’s degree in accounting or business administration. You may also pursue an associate’s degree and obtain an entry level accounting position.
- Become licensed. Most states require that you become certified by your State Board of Accountancy to become employed as an accountant. Before receiving certification, you are required to take a national exam. Many states require individuals to obtain at least 150 college hours before becoming certified.
- Obtain experience. Many colleges and universities offer internships that allow potential accountants to obtain experience. Include internships on your resume to show potential employers your skills.
- Learn to utilize accounting software. You will be required to use accounting software if you become employed as a staff accountant. Familiarize yourself with basic software and ensure that you are proficient. You may also contact a potential employer and inquire about the accounting software that is utilized by its staff.
- Join an association. Joining a professional accounting association may allow you to network with other experienced accountants. You may be offered mentoring, advice and other assistance that will help you prepare for a staff accounting career.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."