If you want to know how to become a vegetarian, chances are you’re sick of eating meat. Although most consider the neglect of red meat to be an unmanly act, some guys want to become vegetarians for health or religious purposes.
Things you need:
- Daily planner
- Meat substitutes
- Prepared vegetarian meals
- Determine why you want to become a vegetable eater. Whether you want to lose weight or simply don’t like the supposed cruelty to animals that meat-eating entails, outlining the reason you want to drop meat from your diet can help you stick to your commitment.
- Take steps to gradually substitute meat in your diet. Shocking your body with a totally meatless diet probably isn’t the way to go. Start with simple changes, like substituting faux meat products for real meat in recipes. Although these might not taste as good, they’re sometimes considered better for your health and will give you peace of mind when managing your weight.
- Eat vegetarian-friendly prepared meals. You’re a guy. No one expects you to be the best vegetarian cook known to man. It’s understandable that you’ll need some help getting started as you become a vegetarian. Eating frozen or other pre-packaged meals will help take the guesswork out of figuring out what you can and cannot eat.
- Find other ways to eat protein. When you take me out of your diet, you’re taking out the protein as well. You can’t live without protein, especially if you work out as a bodybuilder at all. Thus, you need to get that protein inside you somehow. The best way to do that is with faux animal products that did not hurt an animal to create. These include soy-based milk, yogurt, processed cheese and tofu.
- Perform this routine for at least 30 days. Once you do something for 30 days, it generally becomes a habit. Thus, if you mark on your calendar (or your smartphone's calendar) to eat vegetarian-friendly food for one calendar month, you’ll get a head start on a whole lifetime of a new lifestyle.