How To Become A Voice Actor
Did anyone ever tell you that you have a great voice? Do you think about starting a career in voice overs? Congratulations you are taking your first steps in learning how to become a voice actor.
To be a voice actor you will need:
- Your Voice
- Voiceover Studio
- Recording equipment
- Computer with Internet access
- You will need your voice to become a voice actor. With that being said it is very important to keep voice healthy by getting the right number of hours of sleep, hot water with lemon is great soother and some tongue twisters are good exercises for the lips, teeth, tongue and cheeks. This workout will help later on when you are sitting in studio recording for long period of time to keep yourself going.
- Voiceover studio is the next step needed to become a voice actor. The beauty of being a voice actor is you can work from home, make your own studio in your home, and submit yourself from home. To make your own studio in your home you need to dedicate a space that can isolate sound and be soundproof. An idea space is to use a closet in your home filled with clothes to block out sound. Or if you have a room in your house that is quiet, filled with stuffy furniture, carpet on the floor and drapes is another option.
- Recording equipment is needed to capture your beautiful voice to allow you to become a voice actor. The basics to start are microphone, headphones, mic stand, cables, recording interface and recording software. Once you have your equipment and space plug your microphone cables and headphones into the recording interface. Plug your interface into your computer and download your recording software on your computer. Now you are ready to record your voice and take your voice to the Internet.
- A computer with Internet access is needed to become a voice actor. With your recorded voice it is time to take it to the web. Just visit and upload your voices to a voiceover website and now you are connected to the voiceover world . You are on your way to getting work for your using your voice.
Posted on: Mar. 09, 2010