How To Behave On A First Date
Most people get nervous wondering how to behave on a first date. It is a natural feeling, even if you have dated a fair amount. It's important to go into your first date feeling confident and comfortable. Just focus on being friendly, personable and polite on your first date.
- Open doors for her and pull out her chair. Women love a man with manners. There is no getting around that. You will score many points with her if you do this for her. She will consider you a gentleman, and that sets the tone for a great first date.
- Smile at her. This may seem like a simple concept, but men often forget about it. Don't smile like a maniac, just smile naturally while you're talking to her. It shows that you are open and friendly.
- Ask her questions. Keep in mind that you don't want to interview her. Just ask questions about her background and her life. Listen to her and lean in while she is talking. Make sure to stay with questions that are appropriate for a first date.
- Tell her about yourself without monopolizing the conversation. She is likely just as curious about you as you are about her. However, don't go on and on about yourself. Men that don't know how to behave on a first date spend the entire time talking about themselves. Then they wonder why they don't get a second date.
- If you go out to a restaurant, treat the wait staff nicely and tip them well. Poor tippers are a huge turnoff for many women. Treating everyone nicely on your first date will impress her and let her know that you are a nice guy.
- If you asked her on the date, do not let her pay. Sorry guys, but she will likely never want to see you again if you don't pay for the date. She will likely offer, but turn her down, no matter what.