It is important for climbers of all levels to understand how a belay device works. The purpose of a belay device is to create friction. This is import for the climber holding the rope because without a belay device it would take an inordinate amount of strength to hold the rope if your climbing partner falls.
To use a belay, you will need:
- Climbing Gear
- Climbing Harnesses
- Climbing Helmets
- Climbing Ropes
- Climbing Shoes
- Locking Carabiner
- Pull all the slack out of the rope. You want to make sure that the robe is tight against the knot tied to your partner's harness.
- Fold the rope in half. You want to create a loop and then hold the rope at the bottom of the loop.
- Force the bottom of the loop through the belay device. You need to make sure that you purchase a belay device that is the appropriate size for the diameter of the rope you are using.
- Clip the loop of the rope with a locking carabiner. Make sure you do not twist the rope when clipping it with the locking carabiner.
- Attach the locking carabiner to the belay loop.
Knowing how to properly use a belay device is an important part of climbing. The friction created by the belay device allows you and your partner to safely climb without worrying if you have enough strength to hold the rope should your partner fall. There are many different kinds of belay devices, but they all have similar designs and work in the same way,
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.