How To Bid On Hotels On Priceline
Ever wondered how to bid on hotels on Priceline? Priceline can be a great way to save money on hotel accommodations. With Priceline, you get to choose your price when you bid on hotels. The only catch is that you won't know the name of the hotel until the bid is accepted and the purchase has been made. However, with Priceline you can choose both the neighborhood that you stay in and also the hotel's star rating.
- Do your research first. Check regular travel sites for typical hotel prices in the area you want to stay in at the time of year you plan to stay. This will give you a better idea of how low you should go.
- Determine your bid price. Most successful bids are between 25% and 59% off the regular retail price.
- Log on to Priceline. Search for hotels in the city and neighborhood you want to stay in.
- Submit your bid to Priceline. When inputting your bid, choose hotels with a four-star rating located in the neighborhood that you most want to stay in. Consider starting your bid at 50% off the published rate.
- If your bid is not accepted, you can only bid again on the same day. You just need to make one of the following changes: change the date that you plan to stay, change the neighborhood you want to stay in, or lower the star rating, such as going from a four-star to a three-star hotel.
If you are set on the location, date and star rating of the hotel you want to stay at, then you can always wait the 24 hours required by Priceline before you can bid again.