How To Bid At A Vintage Motorcycle Auction
Do you want to know how to bid at a vintage motorcycle auction? When looking to buy a vintage motorcycle, your best bet is to attend an auction and bid on one there. Researching both local and online auctions, finding and bidding on a vintage motorcycle shouldn't be too difficult.
- Set your price. Before you even begin looking for auctions either online or local, you should chose a financial budget that won't break your break. You can do this by researching costs of vintage motorcycles online. Make a number that would be the possible highest that you would pay for a bike, and a starting bid to get the auction going. Once you have a particular price set in mind, you can move on to auctions.
- Finding an auction. There are plenty of auctions that are available in your area but are conditional on several reasons:
- Do they have what you're looking for? Going to a house auction might be successful, only if they have a vintage motorcycle for you.
- Do you need to pay to attend the auction? This might happen if you're looking at a local auction club in your area.
If you are okay with these reasons, look in ads, check online, or contact the police for a police auction. If these reasons do not agree with you, try an online auction. If you do try an online auction, make sure you are aware of:
- Most do not allow shipping. Try to arrange a local pick-up if necessary.
- Watch for scams. Do not allow payments in Western Union transfers.
Once you find an auction, don't forget about your budget. Auctioning on a vintage motorcycle can keep the cost down by a majority, but not if you didn't do your research and you end up losing money.