Learning how to bleach your jeans in a bathtub can be easy and will give your jeans a brand new unique look. Sometimes it can be difficult to find the right shade of jeans that you are looking for. Bleaching jeans will allow you to have your own fashion statement, and can give an old pair of jeans a brand new look. You can save time and money by bleaching your jeans in a bathtub and get that stylish look that you want.
To bleach jeans in a bathtub you need:
- rubber gloves
- Fill up the bathtub with about ten to twelve inches of water. Add the desired amount of bleach to the water. You can start off with a small amount of bleach and then depending upon how bleached you want your jeans to be, you can add more as you desire.
- Put on your rubber gloves. Wearing the rubber gloves will protect your skin. Spread the bleach out evenly throughout the water, and then lay the jeans out flat in the bathtub being sure to eliminate all wrinkles as much as possible.
- Allow the jeans time to soak in the bathtub. Check on the jeans about every fifteen minutes. They will be ready when they reach a shade or two darker than what you actually want them to be, so keep in mind that they will lighten when they dry. Flip the jeans over in the bathtub to ensure that they fade evenly.
- Rinse your jeans and allow them to dry. Once the jeans have faded to your desired color, rinse them in cold water in the tub. Allow the jeans to air dry on a clothes rack in the shower or by hanging them up outside.
- Wash the jeans in the washing machine one they are dry. This will help to get rid of the bleach smell in your jeans. You may need to wash them a few times to get rid of the bleach smell. Dry them in the dryer with fabric softener to help remove any additional bleach smell. You can now enjoy the new faded look of your jeans.
If you’re looking for jeans that provide a dressier feel, look no further than DL1961. Designer jeans? Guilty. But these ...
Breaking in a pair of jeans can be a long process. Fortunately, there are shortcuts. This week on For the Win, we show y ...
You don’t want to think about fashion 24/7. You just want to know which duds women love, and then wear them. So we asked ...