If you want to learn how to bleach jeans in a washing machine, then continue to read. Knowing how to bleach jeans at home is a good DIY skill for anyone that likes to wear this trendy look. Faded jeans have made a comeback from the 80s and are currently worn by various celebrities. The look of splattered or bleached denim can be achieved at home, instead of purchasing for a substantial sticker price. Follow the directions below to get started.
To bleach jeans in a washing machine, you will need:
- Liquid laundry bleach
- Washing machine
- Liquid fabric softener
- Add liquid medium. Fill washer tub with warm water as the first step in how to bleach jeans in a washing machine. Adding a large amount of water is needed to achieve the desired fading effect.
- Mix catalyst. Add liquid laundry bleach to water. A fading agent is a necessary component to complete the how to bleach jeans in a washing machine process.
- Start fading process. Submerge denim in water to complete the how to bleach jeans in a washing machine task. Remove pants when desired color is achieved. This process should take about 25 minutes.
- Textile renewal. Rinse denim with fabric softener as you continue in learning how to bleach jeans in a washing machine. A laundry softener combats the roughness of the material caused by the bleach.
- Remove all water. Let clothing air dry as the final step in how to bleach jeans in a washing machine. Placing jeans in clothes dryer will continue the fading effects and is not recommended
Congrats! You now know how to bleach jeans in a washing machine.
- Wash new jeans twice to remove starch before bleaching process.
- Use cold water to wash denim.
- Bleach lessens the quality of fabric and shortens life of the clothing.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …