If you want to learn how to bleach jeans in a washing machine, then continue to read. Knowing how to bleach jeans at home is a good DIY skill for anyone that likes to wear this trendy look. Faded jeans have made a comeback from the 80s and are currently worn by various celebrities. The look of splattered or bleached denim can be achieved at home, instead of purchasing for a substantial sticker price. Follow the directions below to get started.
To bleach jeans in a washing machine, you will need:
- Liquid laundry bleach
- Washing machine
- Liquid fabric softener
- Add liquid medium. Fill washer tub with warm water as the first step in how to bleach jeans in a washing machine. Adding a large amount of water is needed to achieve the desired fading effect.
- Mix catalyst. Add liquid laundry bleach to water. A fading agent is a necessary component to complete the how to bleach jeans in a washing machine process.
- Start fading process. Submerge denim in water to complete the how to bleach jeans in a washing machine task. Remove pants when desired color is achieved. This process should take about 25 minutes.
- Textile renewal. Rinse denim with fabric softener as you continue in learning how to bleach jeans in a washing machine. A laundry softener combats the roughness of the material caused by the bleach.
- Remove all water. Let clothing air dry as the final step in how to bleach jeans in a washing machine. Placing jeans in clothes dryer will continue the fading effects and is not recommended
Congrats! You now know how to bleach jeans in a washing machine.
- Wash new jeans twice to remove starch before bleaching process.
- Use cold water to wash denim.
- Bleach lessens the quality of fabric and shortens life of the clothing.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …