You want to know how to bleed air from radiator car. Air bubbles in the radiator can make it so your radiator does not work correctly. This can make your radiator overheat and damage your car. Bleeding the radiator on your car will help your car run correctly.
What You Will Need:
- ½ water and ½ antifreeze
- New radiator cap
- Floor jack
- Leather work gloves
- Floor jacks
- Owner’s manual
- Drive to the auto parts store and pick up the materials you need to bleed the radiator on your car. Drive home and pull your car into your driveway. Let your car cool off. You do not want to work with radiator fluid when your car is hot. Hot radiator fluid will burn your skin.
- If you currently changed your radiator fluid, this is how you bleed your radiator while you are refilling your car. Fill the radiator up with ½ water and ½ antifreeze. Start the engine with the radiator cap still off your radiator. Let your car heat up. Continue filling the radiator with antifreeze. Your car will bleed out the radiator while you are filling it. This is the easy way if you are refilling your radiator with antifreeze.
- If your radiator is full with radiator fluid and air bubbles, you will have to bleed your radiator another way. Open up the hood of your car and secure it with the safety arm. Take the radiator cap off the (cooled down) radiator. Jack up your car and put floor jacks under the two front tires of the car.
- Loosen the bleeder valve of your radiator. Your owner’s manual will show you the location of this valve. Start your car and let the air bubbles bleed out of this valve. When regular antifreeze leaks out of the radiator, you are finished bleeding your radiator. Tighten the bleeder valve back up, and let your car cool down. Take the radiator cap off and refill your antifreeze fluid. Top off the radiator reservoir to the full position.
- Some older cars will not have a bleeder valve on the radiator. You will use step two (above) to bleed your radiator. Fill the radiator up with ½ water and ½ antifreeze. Start the engine with the radiator cap still off your radiator. Let your car heat up. Continue filling the radiator with antifreeze. Your car will bleed out the radiator while you are filling it.
- Dispose of old antifreeze properly. Jack your car up, take the car stands out, and jack your car back down. Put all your tools and materials away. You have finished bleeding the radiator of your car.
Always wear leather working gloves when working on your car.
Check your owner’s manual to see if your radiator has a bleeding valve.
Dispose of old antifreeze properly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.