You may, at some point, have to learn how to bleed the clutch fluid on a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder. The 2000 Nissan Pathfinder has a self-adjusting hydraulic clutch which has less than satisfactory clutch movement; its operation commonly results in air bubbles in the clutch fluid system. These air bubbles need to be bled out of the system in order for it to work as intended. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to bleed your clutch fluid along with the tools you will need to complete the job.
- A fresh supply of DOT 3 brake fluid
- 1 meter length of clear plastic tubing
- A clear container to catch the brake fluid
- An open ended wrench
- A friend to help
- With the car secured on axle stands and in park (or having the parking brake applied), lift the hood and locate the clutch master cylinder.
- Get under the vehicle and attach the clear tubing to the clutch bleed nipple. Run the tubing to the clear container which you can fill with a small amount of fresh brake fluid so the tubing can be submersed.
- Undo the clutch bleed nipple until the clutch fluid starts to run out. Then, tighten the bleed nipple valve.
- Ask your helper to press the clutch a few times, then hold it at its down stroke. Once the pedal is on the floor, open up the bleed nipple valve again and then tighten it again. Press the clutch a few more times and hold. In each time, open and close the valve. This is to ensure that the air bubbles are forced out of the system and expelled into the clear plastic container.
- Make sure the clutch reservoir does not run dry when performing this process, as air bubbles will be sucked back into the system, meaning you will have to start again.
- You will need to bleed the clutch operating cylinder too, in the same way as the clutch master cylinder. Repeat the process until there are no bubbles coming out of the clear tubing and the clutch feels normal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.