How To Bleed The Clutch On A Scion Xb
For owners of the Scion XB, it's critical to know how to bleed the clutch on a Scion XB. Air in your clutch system will cause the clutch to perform poorly. This means that you will have to bleed the air out of your clutch. Bleeding the air out of the clutch on your Scion XB is easy. Once you learn it, it will come back to you like riding your own bicycle.
Things You Will Need:
- Brake fluid
- Floor jack
- Leather work gloves
- Jack stands
- A friend to help you
- Drive your Scion XB into your driveway and shut it off. Open the hood of your car and secure it with the safety arm. Find the clutch reservoir and fill it up with brake fluid.
- Take your floor jack and jack up each side of the car. Put floor jacks under each front tire of your car. Lift the car up high enough so you can crawl under the car.
- Have your friend sit in the driver seat of the car while you are under the car. Find the clutch slave cylinder with your flashlight. It is on the passenger side of your Scion XB. The clutch cylinder valve is connected to the fluid line, which leads out of transmission. There will be a bleeder valve on the clutch slave cylinder. Make sure the bleeder valve is tightly screwed shut.
- Have your friend press the clutch all the way down to the floor. Make sure your friend holds the clutch all the way down to the floor of the car.
- Loosen the bleeder valve with a wrench. Brake fluid will bubble out of the bleeder valve. Tighten the valve and let your friend release the clutch.
- Repeat steps four and five until the brake fluid comes out of the bleeder valve clear. This could take up to ten times or more to completely bleed the clutch on your Scion XB. It all depends on how many air bubbles are in the system.
- Fill the clutch reservoir with brake fluid. Take the safety latch off your hood and shut the hood of your car. Put all your materials away and test-drive your Scion XB. Your car should drive smoothly.
Always use jack stands when working under your vehicle.
Leather work gloves will protect you from the fluids that are in your car.
A flashlight will make it easier for you to find the clutch slave cylinder.