Learning how to blind stitch men's pants is handy when you want to make alterations in which the stitches aren't noticeable, since the stitches are invisible on the front side of the fabric. This is fairly tricky to learn, but with some practice you will be able to master the blind stitch.
To blind stitch men's pants, you will need
- A pair of men's pants
- Sewing Needle and thread
- Before starting any alterations, wear the pants in question, and decide where you would like to adjust the length. When you've decided, fold the bottom of the pants at that length, and use the pins to set into place.
- Now you will need to start sewing. Remember to ensure that the thread you select matches the color of the pants. The more it matches, the less your blind stitch will show, and your finished job will look all the more professional.
- Once you've chosen your thread, start sewing at the folded hem of the pants leg. You should start sewing on the inside of the pants and push your needle through, making sure you sew along the upper edge of the hem.
- When sewing, pick minute amounts of the pants with your needle. Keep sewing every half inch as you blind stitch men's pants. Pull the thread tightly after each stitch to keep the tension even. Not so tight that the thread snaps, but tight enough that the hem is secured.
- Now continue with the blind stitch until you reach where you started.
- Repeat the above procedure for the other leg of the pants.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)