It happens to all of us and it’s helpful to know how to block an email address in Gmail. We all get those annoying emails whether they are jokes, pictures, virus warnings, etc. Most of the time these emails are forwarded messages from people you don’t even know. Who has time to read all of these emails? Most people don’t and there is a way to block an email address to reduce the number of these annoying emails.
All you need to do is use a filter that will tell Gmail to send the incoming mail from the email address you want to block straight to the trash.
Block an Email Address in Gmail
- Log into your Gmail account. The first step to take to block an email address in Gmail is to open the email you want to block.
- At the bottom of the screen click more actions. Now click "Filter messages like these".
- The email address is automatically put into the From field. Click on the "Next Step" button.
- Put a check in the box Delete it and click on create filter. You should now see "Filter Created". You have successfully been able to block an email address in Gmail
If you want to block more than one address you can do this at the same time.
- Log into your Gmail account. Click on "Create Filter". This should be right next to the web search box.
- You will now see a create filter window. Type the email addresses you want to block in the "From" field. You will need to separate the addresses with a “|”. For example you can block both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by typing this: “email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org” Click "Next Step".
- Under Choose Action put a check mark in Delete it. Click "Create Filter".
- The unwanted email will now be sent directly to the trash. If you want to see this email for some reason, just click on trash on the main email screen.
Now that you have successfully been able to block an email address in Gmail, you will no longer get these annoying emails in your inbox. They will now go automatically to trash.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.