If you do not want to receive any calls from specific phone numbers, all you need to do is to know how to block a number on Verizon. If you are using Verizon for your communication service, you may take advantage of some of its available features and services to block a specific number from calling you using the steps provided below.
You will need:
- Verizon landline phone/mobile phone
- List of numbers you want to block
- Internet connection
- Verizon online customer account
- Use the call block service on your landline phone. Make a list of the specific numbers you want to block on your landline phone before you start activating the call block feature for Verizon. To set up your call block list, just lift the receiver and wait to hear the dial tone. Dial *60 (if you are using a pulse-dialing phone you should dial 1160 instead). Wait for the voice recording that will guide you through the steps on call block options. The recording will repeat the phone numbers you entered into the call block list for confirmation. Unfortunately, the call block feature for Verizon is only available for old subscribers and is no longer offered to new Verizon customers.
- Verizon subscribers can also block a number on their cell phones. You need to create an account from the Verizon website. Log on to your customer account and choose the “My Verizon” tab. Then select the “My Services” option. Look for the “Verizon Safeguards” option and select the “Spam Controls” tab. You are entitled to provide at least five numbers you can to block on your Verizon mobile phone then click “Apply.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…