How To Block A Phone Number On Verizon
Knowing how to block a phone number while using your Verizon phone is a simple and easy process to complete. Utilizing this feature will allow you to block your identity from the party that you are calling so your information remains private. Whether you're stalking someone or someone is stalking you, this unique feature comes in handy. It only takes a few minutes to set up this feature.
What you'll need:
- Verizon phone service
- Computer with internet access
- To temporarily block your Verizon phone number. Using your Verizon phone, dial *67. Next, dial the phone number of the person or business that you wish to call. Lastly, press the "Send" key on your handset to complete your call. The recipient will see the words "Anonymous" or "Private" on their caller ID. In some cases, the recipient's caller ID will remain blank.
- To permanently block your Verizon phone number. Open your web browser and go to Verizon.com and sign into your Verizon account. Once you have signed into your account select the "My Plan" menu option. Next, click the "Add/Change Features" menu option. Then you will need to check the box listed next to "Caller ID blocking." Lastly, click the "next" button at the bottom of the screen to complete the process.
Tips and Warnings:
- Keep in mind that the Verizon call blocking feature is not available when dialing a toll-free number or an emergency number.
- You must already be registered for a Verizon online account before attempting to permanently block your phone number.