How To Block A Phone Number Verizon
If you are using Verizon and wish to block a certain pesky number that wont leave you alone, you should know how to block a phone number Verizon. Verizon offers a call-block service that prevents the offending number from making any further contact, be it phone calls or text messages. Verizon allows you to block five phone numbers for free per phone line listed on your Verizon account.
To block a phone number Verizon, you will need:
- Phone with Verizon as your sevice provider
- Internet access
- Start by visiting the Verizon Wirelss website. Once there, enter your ID and log in. If you don't have an account, you can easily register for one (for free) on the main page. Once you click "Register," just follow the instructions to create an account.
- Once you log in or create an account, you can proceed to block the offending phone number. Click on the "Safe Guards" tab on the main menu screen of the web page.
- There should be a few tabs at the top. Click on the "Parental Controls" tab and then the "Manage Now" button under that. Now click on the "Call and Message Blocking" button. This is the button which you can use to block up to five phone numbers using Verizons free services.
- Now click on "Add Blocked Numbers." Now enter a phone number that you wish to be blocked. Click on "Save Changes" and the phone number will henceforth be blocked, preventing its user from sending you any text messages or making any calls to your phone. The blocked number will remain blocked for as long as you like and removing it from the block list (to allow it to send more phone calls or texts to you) is as easy as removing the number from the "Add Blocked Numbers" and saving the page once more.