How To Block A Phone Number On Your Cell Phone
These tips on how to block a phone number on your cell phone are very useful. If you do not want to receive any call from a particular phone number, you can now have options to block a phone number on your cell phone depending on your phone carrier, brand, and cell phone model.
You will need the following:
- customer service number of your mobile carrier
- cell phone
- inbound call blocker unit
- Call the customer service of your mobile phone carrier. Ask whether they offer services to block a phone number on your cell phone. AT&T offers this addition service of blocking a phone number on your cell phone at an extra cost of $4.99 a month. This is the Parental Controls service that provides option for mobile owners to block incoming and outgoing calls and text from their mobile by blocking specific cell phone numbers.
- Register for a National Do Not Call Registry. This option is best when you want to block a phone number on your cell phone from nuisance telemarketers. Register the phone number you want to block and wait for 31 days for your registration to take effect and you will no longer hear from them again because any call that telemarketers make to your cell phone would be illegal after registration of their number to the registry.
- Use an inbound call blocker. This device blocks all incoming calls to a cell phone, landline phones, and fax machines. You can add specific numbers that you want to block on the setting of the device and all incoming calls are screened by the device allowing only numbers that are not blacklisted to get through.
- Download YouMail service on your mobile. Check whether your cell phone is compatible with this service that blocks unwanted voicemail messages. This can prevent your cell phone from buzzing with incoming voicemail from phone numbers you do not want to receive any call from.
- Search for handset specific options. Note that not all handset devices have a phone number blocking feature on their products. Make a quick search online by typing “name of your mobile device + block call.” Nokia devices work well with BlackList application while Windows Mobile devices also have their own featured applications to block a phone number on your cell phone.