How To Block Someone On Facebook
Need to know how to block someone on Facebook? Maybe you’re sick of someone who’s constantly spamming advertisements at you. Maybe you just broke up with an ex. Maybe you just don't want to look at some person’s face anymore. Whatever your reasons may be, it’s a fairly simple process that won’t take long.
To block someone on Facebook, you will need:
- A Facebook account
- Someone you want to block
- Sign into your account. This should be easy. You probably do it every day. Just enter your email and password, and click "Login."
- Go to privacy settings. At the top right corner of the home page, you’ll see a button that says "Account." Click it, and it drops down a menu. Now, select "Privacy Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the block lists page. Now, you’re on the privacy settings page, and it’s a small page. Go to the bottom, and you’ll see the words "Block Lists" with a red icon next to it. Click the link that says, “Edit your lists,” beneath the red icon.
- Choose who you want to block. There are two ways you can block someone on Facebook: by their name or email address. Facebook provides a box for each. If you know the person’s exact email address, it’s much quicker.
- Block that person. If know the email address, just type it in the "Email" box, and press "Block This User." You won’t even be given a confirmation. That person is blocked now. If you only know the name: Enter the full name into the "Name" box, press "Block This User," and everyone on Facebook with that name will appear. You have to choose the right one, but if this person is already on your friends list, then the name should appear at the top.
That’s it. Now you know how to block someone on Facebook, so you never have to deal with annoying people again. One last thing, if you accidentally block someone, or change your mind, you can always undo it.