How To BMX Freestyle
If you have a lot of skill on your BMX bike and feel comfortable with your repertoire of tricks, you may want to learn how to BMX freestyle. The BMX freestyle is a test of strength, skill, and creativity. There is no time limit, no racing, and no requirements. The following guide will teach you how to BMX freestyle.
To BMX freestyle, you will need:
- A BMX bike
- Protective gear
- A parking lot
- A half pipe
- It's important that you wear protective gear, especially a helmet, when learning to BMX freestyle. This will prevent you from getting seriously injured in the case of a mishap.
- Inspect your bike to make sure it is in good working order. It will need to have gear wires that are not sticking out of the handlebars, this will prevent the BMX bike from properly spinning on its front axis. Additionally, you need back stunt pegs to allow you to complete a wide array of BMX stunts.
- Take your bike to a flat surface and practice riding. Don't do anything advanced, but simply get an excellent feel for your bike. You need to learn its weight, balance, flexibility, and how quickly it starts and stops. This will help you judge what is needed for your tricks.
- Next, move on to the street and see how your bike feels on different terrain and on stairs. This will help you feel comfortable on your bike.
- When you feel ready, try your BMX bike on a half pipe. If you know how to do a few tricks than try them out.
- If you don't know how to perform any BMX bike tricks, you may want to watch videos online or purchase some videos. Make sure to wear protective gear as you practice your stunts.