How To BMX
If you ever wondered how to BMX, you can read this article to learn important tips before you get started. So what does BMX stand for? BMX is referred to as Bicycle Motor Cross. This cycling is an innovative family sport that both men and women enjoy. If you're the type who loves outdoor activities, riding a BMX bike with friends can be quite exhilarating, especially during the summer months. This sport is mostly suited for people ranging from age 15 - 40, and nowadays BMX riding has become a popular sport that has piqued a lot of people's interest.
Things you will need before you learn how to BMX:
- BMX bike
- BMX riding equipment
- The nearest track where you can race
- Wear Appropriate Riding Equipment. Safety should always be exercised when you BMX. Make sure that you are wearing the appropriate clothing such as a full face helmet, jeans, long sleeved shirt, high quality riding shoes, and gloves.
- Requirements For The BMX Bike. The front and back wheels of your BMX bike must be 20 inches, with the exception of young riders under six years of age. The reflectors on your bike should be off, including the kickstand and chain guard, your bike must have pads, working brakes, and a number plate.
- Find The Nearest Track. It is always important that you choose a suitable track to ride your BMX bike. You can easily locate the nearest racing tracks by using sites online like NBL.org, ABABMX.com, or you can get this information from your local bike shop.
- Obtain a BMX License. Before you begin your practice on how to BMX,once you get to the track, you will need to register for a BMX license. Learn how the race works by communicating with other riders to understand the basics when you ride the track.