How Boxee Works
If you love watching television, learn how Boxee works so you can watch the shows, movies and web content you love when it is convenient for you. Boxee is a free service that allows you to search and watch content from your hard drive and across the web on your television or computer.
To begin enjoying all that Boxee has to offer, you will need:
- A computer with internet access
- Boxee software and free account
- Appropriate cable
- Go to the Boxee website. Navigate to the Boxee website by typing the address into your web browser or search for "Boxee" with your favorite search engine.
- Register for an account with Boxee. The registration process is simple. Enter your name, email address, user name and password. That's it. You can also search for people you know who already use Boxee or invite your friends to join. You can skip this step if you wish. Boxee can also be linked to many social networking sites.
- Download the software. Choose the version of Boxee that is appropriate for you and download the software. A simple to use wizard will guide you through the set up process.
- Begin exploring. After Boxee is installed on your computer you can begin searching for TV shows, movies and pictures on your hard drive and from the internet.
- Connect to your TV. To enjoy all of the content that Boxee offers on your television, connect your computer to the TV. All you will need is the proper cable based on the ports on your computer and your TV. An HDMI cable will give you the best picture quality, but you can also use an S-video cable.
Now that you know how Boxee works, have fun exploring all of the possibilities. If you are having trouble connecting your computer to your TV because the ports do not match, you can buy converters at any electronics store.