Need to know how to break in a baseball glove in the oven? It is very important to break in a new baseball glove before you begin using it. A new baseball glove can be very stiff and hard to bend because the leather that is used in the glove has not been broken in properly. This can affect your performance by hindering your ability to catch the ball. The best way to break in a new baseball glove is by putting it in the oven.
To break in a new baseball glove, you will need:
- A baseball glove
- An oven
- A cookie sheet
- Leather conditioner
- Remove all tags from the glove. Use a pair of scissors to remove any tags from your new glove. Since you are putting the glove in the oven, you do not want anything on the glove that can catch fire.
- Place the glove in the oven. You can use an oven to soften the leather of the baseball glove. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Turn the oven off and place the glove on a cookie sheet or other flat pan. Place the pan in the oven for ten minutes. Do not leave the glove unattended in the oven.
- Remove the baseball glove from the oven. The glove will be hot, so use caution. Once the glove is cool enough to handle, take the glove off of the cookie sheet.
- Rub the glove with a soft leather conditioner. You can use a leather conditioner or a baseball glove conditioner, which can be found at any sporting goods store. Follow the directions on the label of the product.
- Massage the glove. Using your hands, work the glove in all directions to loosen the leather and break in your new baseball glove. Do this for five to ten minutes or until the leather feels soft and flexible.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.