How To Break Up With A Girlfriend
There are no easy answers on how to breakup with a girlfriend but there are steps you can take to make the process less traumatizing. One fact is that there is absolutely no point in holding on to a failed relationship in the name of pity. The best thing for you is to end it, but you should do it in the most humane way possible.
Here are easy steps on how to breakup with a girlfriend:
- Before going all out with your breakup speech, ensure that you really want to end your relationship with her. You may not be able to take it back once you have broken up with her, especially as more time passes.
- Do not tell anyone about your final decision to breakup with your girlfriend until you have told her yourself. It will hurt terribly if she is to hear about your breakup plans from a third party before you tell her.
- The best way to breakup with a girlfriend is to tell her in person, not on the telephone, by text or by email. It will be insensitive and tacky of you to breakup with your girl via any other means than in person.
- For a less traumatizing breakup, invite your girlfriend to a public place like a restaurant, bar, or park. These places are the best locations for any breakup. Even if she creates a scene at the restaurant or bar, it is much better than breaking up with her in private where she is less likely to control herself. Never breakup with a girlfriend in your house as the situation may become very awkward if you get to the point where you want her to leave but she does not want to.
- Your girlfriend deserves an explanation, so you should tell her at least some of your reasons for the break up, even if she tries to create excuses for her behavior or your incompatibility.
- For courtesy's sake, allow your girlfriend a moment to respond to your reasons for the breakup even if your mind is made up. In addition, you may answer questions she may ask to a certain extent, but be careful of getting into an argument or a never-ending conversation.