You want to know how to breakaway in street hockey. Street hockey is different from ice hockey in many ways. You use roller skates (or no skates) instead of ice skates. In street hockey, you usually use a hockey ball instead of a hockey puck. The breakaway is much the same in street hockey as it is in ice hockey. There are still great differences between ice hockey and street hockey, however. The biggest difference in street hockey is that you are skating on the street instead of skating on the ice.
What You Will Need:
- Roller skates
- Uniform if you are on a street hockey team
- Hockey balls
- Two goals
- There are a few ways to breakaway in street hockey. Know the breakaway moves and develop them into your street hockey arsenal. Some of the movements will depend on your talent and your speed. If you can skate better than the other team, your breakaway will be much easier.
- Steal the puck from a team racing into your defensive zone. In street hockey, many players are more into their stats than team play. Once you steak the puck, immediately take off towards the other team's defensive zone. You will have a couple of strides on the players who were trying to race into your zone. Use their momentum against them and take off to the races. Use your best street hockey moves to fake out the defensive. Race to the goal, fake out the goalie and flip the ball into the net.
- Another way to breakaway in street hockey is cherry picking. Wait in the center of the playing surface. You will have defensive players trying to take the puck away from the other team’s offensive. Once they steal the puck, the defensive player will pass the hockey ball to you. Use your best street hockey moves to fake out the defensive. Race to the goal, fake out the goalie and flip the ball into the net.
- There is one last way to breakaway in street hockey. This way takes the most skill. Steal the hockey ball behind your defensive net. Stickhandle the puck through the other team’s offensive and outrun the other team to the goal on the other side of the hockey surface. Fake out the goalie and put the hockey ball in the net. This way takes speed, skill and major street hockey ability.
Always be ready for the breakaway in street hockey.
Practice your skills.
Practice your roller skating for speed and agility in street hockey.
Becoming an NHL ref takes more than the ability to skate and not break up fights. We sent our host to the California Ref ...
Her acclaimed street food restaurant changed the culinary game when it opened in LA three years ago. We sat down with th ...
The sports gods, in their benevolence, have finally deigned to end the umpteenth National Hockey League lockout. For thi ...