If you're serious about your home television set, then you should know how to build a 6 foot satellite dish. The global demand for satellite dishes is increasing day by day, because million dollar satellite transmission units are useless without them.
To build a six foot satellite dish, you will need:
- Metal tubing
- Metal sheeting
- Cutting saw (metal)
- Welding machine
- Inch tape
- Two thin metal rods(ten inches long)
To construct a six foot satellite dish, you first have to construct a three foot tall tripod stand:
- To construct the tripod, metal tubing is used. Place two pieces of tubing in a triangle shape three feet tall and weld them together.
- Place the tubing vertically and weld on a support bar sticking out to the ground for stability. Weld the bar on. Add a hinge available at any hardware store and weld this on the top of your tripod stand.
- To make the six foot satellite dish and its reflector (the concave metal sheet), it is advisable to purchase a square steel sheet that is six feet across. The corners are rounded off with a metal cutter to create a circular sheet. Locate its axis and cut a small four inch diameter circle.
- The next step in making a six foot satellite dish is to cut a straight piece from the vertex to the outer edge of the metal piece. Cut a piece from the circumference of the hole made earlier. In order to fill the gap a small circular piece of metal is welded, cover the hole cut previously in the middle.
- Weld a small piece of metal in the center of the reflector. Weld two thin metal rods to the edges of the middle circular sheet between the rods, and attach the LNBF.
- To finish your six-foot satellite dish, attach the weights to the base of the tripod stand. Paint the satellite dish to make it more appealing. To get the six-foot height, rotate the reflector vertically and you will have a ready to use homemade six foot tall satellite dish.