How To Build A Backyard Basketball Backboard
In order to make a basketball backboard for your backyard, you need to know how to build a backyard basketball backboard. Basketball hoops are seen in yards in several different neighborhoods in the back or in the front. Whether it's because you don't have the money to buy a basketball backboard, or you just like to be handy, it is possible for you to make your own. A homemade basketball backboard can work just as good as if you purchased one. It does not take long and is not difficult to build a backyard basketball backboard.
To build a backyard basketball backboard you will need:
- Plywood or Plexiglas
- table saw
- paint brush
- measuring tape or ruler
- Measure the dimensions. The dimensions of a backboard are three feet by four feet. Measure and mark on the board with a pencil to know where to cut the plywood.
- Cut and shape the plywood. Place the wood on a saw table. Carefully saw along the marked lines to cut the proper shape for the plywood.
- Draw out a 12 inch by 12 inch square in the center of the backboard. When playing basketball, this square is used to help the players know where to aim and shoot to help make the basket. Also, draw a square approximately 2 inches from the edge of your backboard, lining all of your backboard sides.
- Paint the plywood. Use black paint to paint an outline of the 12 by 12 inch square to define the aim for the players. Also, paint around the 2 inch square edges of the basketball backboard the color of your choice to form a trim. Install your basketball hoop.
- Hang the basketball backboard. Decide where you are hanging the backyard basketball backboard, usually on a pole or on top of a roof. Drill four holes for the backboard and the wall or pole to mount the basketball. Once the basketball backboard is in place, put the screws into place and make sure that the basketball backboard is properly and securely mounted.