How To Build A Bamboo Fence
You may want to learn how to build a bamboo fence if you are creating an outside living area. Building a bamboo fence can create a terrific backdrop or focal point for an outdoor garden. You can build many variations of a bamboo fence. The choice of fence will only depend on your desires and application.
To build a bamboo fence, you will need:
- A drill
- A shovel
- A post hole digger
- Twine or rope, preferably wax coated
- A keyhole saw
- Choose the type of fence you want to build. You can build different styles of bamboo fence, such as a split rail fence, a privacy fence or a picket fence.
- Set the post. To set the post to build your bamboo fence, you will want to set the main poles approximately six feet apart. Pound rebar into the ground, then push the bamboo post over the rebar to secure it to the ground. Although bamboo is somewhat resilient, it will rot if buried into the ground.
- Attach the cross supports. If you are building a split rail bamboo fence, you are almost done. You can use the hole saw and drill out the holes to put the rails in, or you can use the twine and tie the cross rails to the bamboo posts. Either way is fine, it just depends on the look you are going for.
- Attach the pickets. To build a bamboo fence with pickets or a privacy fence, you will need to attach the vertical pickets to the cross rails. For a picket fence, choose the amount of space you want between each picket and begin attaching them with the twine, or you can screw them into place. For a privacy fence you will want the poles touching each other to prevent people from being able to see through the fence. Continue attaching the bamboo pickets until the job is complete.