If you do not know How To Build A Baseball Backstop, it is not hard to learn. This kind of project requires more than one person to complete. It is also a time consuming task, so considerable planning prior to the project start date is in order.
- Wire fencing
- Metal posts (wood can be used but metal is better) six long, six short
- Fencing tool (if not available—a hammer, pliers and wire cutters can substitute)
- Work gloves
- Post hole digger (optional)
- Fast setting concrete
- Metal Drill
- Bolts and nuts
- Tape measure
- Ladder /scaffolding
- Set down on paper exactly what the backstop needs to look like when you are finished. Be very specific as this will determine the amount of materials you will need.
- Prepare area to be used. Remove all weeds, pick up trash
- Purchase the materials required to complete this project. Use the list made in step one.
- To add stability, and provide an adequate barrier between the baseball and the spectators, the top four feet need to curve in at a 65 degree angle. Drill holes in appropriate spots on both the long pole and the short pole.
- Attach the long and short poles with the bolts and nuts. (If you know how, these can also be welded).
- Dig post holes. As long as the posts will be, one third of the length of the pole should be in the ground.
- Pour concrete into the hole. Allow to cure for at least 48 hours before using.
- Using your ladder or scaffolding, attach the fencing to the poles using fencing ties or clamps. It is best to start at the top and work your way down. Observe safety rules at all times as this can be a dangerous endeavor.
Tip: Call or visit as many of the vendors that carry these items. It is possible that one of the vendors is having a sale.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.