When doing a bathroom remodel, you may want to learn how to build bathroom cabinets. Although purchasing a store bought cabinet is easier at times building a custom cabinet is required. For odd sized bathroom cabinets, to build a bathroom cabinet may be easier.
To build a bathroom cabinet, you will need:
- Table saw
- Miter saw
- Tape measure
- Hardware (door hinges, knobs, drawer slides)
- Paint or stain
- Notebook and pencil
- Measure. Measure the area that you are building the bathroom cabinet for. Write down the exact measurements. Be sure to check for outlets, heating or cooling ducts, or anything else that may be in the way of building your cabinet.
- Make a plan. Using your measurements draw a picture of the bathroom cabinet you want to build. Decide on the type of wood you want to use, the color of stain or paint, and any needed hardware. Make a list of the things you need to buy.
- Buy your materials. Take your notebook with you to the home improvement store to ensure you don’t forget something. An employee should be able to help you if you have any questions about the supplies you need to buy. Some store will even cut some of your wood as well.
- Building your bathroom cabinet. When you ready to start lay out all your building materials. Cut your pieces to length and begin fastening them together. Once the outer sides are built be sure that it fits in the desired area before going any further. Make any necessary adjustments and continue building.
- Finishing. Once your cabinet is built you will need to finish it to preserve the wood. If you stain the wood you will want to use polyurethane to seal the wood. Painting seals the wood on its own and does not require an additional sealer. Once your finish has dried install any hardware to complete your cabinet.
- Installing. Place your finished bathroom cabinet in the space you prepared for it. Check for level and add shims as needed. Once the bathroom cabinet is level attach it to the wall to prevent movement.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …