When specialty sizes come into play learning how to build a bathroom vanity can be a cost effective option rather than having a custom made vanity built. Small bathrooms only have so much space to deal with and a pre-built bathroom vanity may fit but not utilize the amount of space allowed. The next size up may be too large for the space. When you build a bathroom vanity on your own you can make it fit to your specifications.
To build a bathroom vanity, you will need:
- Cordless drill
- Door knobs or handles
- Tape measure
- Wood glue
- Paint or stain and varnish
- Measure. The most important step to any carpentry job is measuring. Remember, measure twice, cut once. Measure the space for your bathroom vanity. Mark each measurement for height, length, and depth. If you can use a standard depth for a counter top it can make your job much easier.
- Cut. After you have taken your measurements to build a bathroom vanity make your cuts. Take your time and make sure the cuts are precise. Even the slightest error can throw off the building process.
- Build. Once your cuts are made begin securing the pieces together the screws and wood glue. When you have the basic shell assembled slide it into place to check its fit before going any further. Make any adjustments if needed then proceed in attaching the remaining parts.
- Finish. Once the bathroom vanity is built you will need to put a finish on it to preserve it from the moisture and dampness in the bathroom. You can simply paint it with a semi-gloss finish paint or you can stain it to bring out the natural wood look. Once you stain It you will need to put a few coats of a varnish to seal the wood.
- Hardware. After the finish has completely dried as specified by the manufacturer it is time to install the hardware. Drill holes for the knobs or drawer pulls. Attach with the screws that came with them. Your bathroom vanity project is not ready to have a countertop and sink put on it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.