How To Build A Bike Wheel
Learning how to build a bike wheel will cause a feeling of success as the person creates something on his own. Bike wheels are rather simple to build. All a person needs are the correct tools and an area to work. Many people find old-fashioned enjoyment from building their own bike wheel. The entire family can get involved as it could become a family project.
To build a bike wheel, you will need:
- Spoke nipples
- Spoke wrench
- Flat screw driver
- Wheel truing stand
- Dishing tool
- Spoke tensiometer
- Organize your tools Place your tools in an area that are easy to reach such as nearby table. Assemble our supplies in order of use.
- Place the rim between your legs holding it steady. Arrange the stem across from yourself. Hold the hub vertically in the middle of the rim.
- In the upper part of the rim, drop a spoke every other one into a hole following left of the stem. Continue to thread the spike every fourth whole as you rotate the rim in a circle.
- Turn the rim over. Start threading spikes on the other side. Insert these spokes tom the right of the stem. This is opposite of what you threaded on the other side, which was left of the stem.
- Crossing the Spokes. Pull the spikes away from the valve stem hole. Continue to thread the spoke nipples.
- Align the spokes with the hub. Use a flat head screwdriver for this part of the job. You are almost finished. Tighten the spokes. Tension the wheel till it has normal tension. Check the tension with the tension meter. Use the dishing tool to turn the wheel.
You have now created your own wheel. This is quite an accomplishment. Success in creating a bike wheel is priceless and will pay off when you show it off.