How To Build BMX Jumps
Want to learn how to build bmx jumps? Below is an easy and fun guide to create your own jumps. Building Bmx dirt jumps is a good way to practice your tricks and try something new on your bike. If you have some open space then BMX jumps created out of dirt is a tough but rewarding thing to create.
You will need:
- Wheel Barrow
- Shovels (mostly spade shovels but at least one flat head shovel)
- Open space that is pretty flat minimal rocks or bushes.
- Map out your vision. Plan how you will lay out your BMX jump. You will need space for a straightaway, the jump, and the landing, which will need to be at least double the length and width of the take off. Other things to consider are direction of the jump(s), and height of the jump(s). The average height of a jump is around four feet, but this does not mean you have to make yours to be this height.
- Make piles of dirt. Put them in the places where you want to make your BMX jump.
- Shape the dirt into the BMX jumps form. They should be round and curved but should not have a flat top.
- Keep smoothing until it is very flat and does not have any rocks anywhere on the BMX jump.
- Shape the landing. Use a shovel to smooth the area that you designated for the BMX jump landing (remember twice as long and twice as wide as the take off).
- Water down the jump. This will allow the dirt to pack together and solidify the BMX jump. This is not necessary, but is recommended.
It is easy enough. Make sure to build your jumps strong and have fun with it. This is a good activity to do with multiple people because it will allow for it to go faster and it gives extra eyes to make sure everything is safe.