Learning how to build a BMX quarter pipe is not too hard, but the process does require certain materials, time, and your ability to use tools and emphasize craftsmanship. If all of these requirements are met, after some effort, you can have a nice basis for bike tricks. Following is how to build a BMX quarter pipe.
You will need the following:
- Three sheets of plywood
- Several two by four boards
- Wood glue
- Saw, such as table saw or electric hand saw
- First, buy all of the necessary materials. All of these should be available at any home improvement or construction supply store.
- Next, trace the dimensions of the side view of the quarter pipe onto two pieces of plywood. This should have two straight sides, and one third side that is indented, curved up at an angle.
- Cut each side of the BMX quarter pipe from the plywood sheets so that you have two sides.
- Cut two by four boards to the size that you want the width of your jump to be. Make about ten cuts.
- With the cut two by fours, nail most of them to the plywood sides to make a curved ladder on the front. Nail a few to the back of the jump as well. You know have the frame for the BMX quarter pipe.
- Cut the third sheet of plywood to the size of the front of the pipe. Then, nail this to the ladder-like studs on the front (curved part of the ramp), and you have got a quarter pipe to use for BMX tricks.
Learning how to build a BMX quarter pipe for bike tricks is not too hard, but it requires effort on your part. Once built, it can be a source of great fun.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?