BMX racing bikes can be built at home according to your specifications and for that it is very important to know how to build BMX racing bikes. BMX or Bicycle motocross racing bikes are used for the extreme sport of BMX racing and freestyle events. Riders have the choice to either buy these readymade, get them custom made or build them on their own according to required stipulations.
To build a BMX racing bike, you will need:
- Handlebar Grips
- Seat, seat post and seat clamp
- 2 Tires
- 2 Wheels
- Brakes and levers
- Nut, Bolt, Washers
After all the required parts have been collected, you can now proceed to build the BMX racing bike step by step:
- First and foremost, prepare the forks and slide them onto the frame.
- Put the top bearings on the top of the fork and place the top cap on top of the bearings on the fork. Now, put a bearing spacer on top of the top bearings.
- Attach the handlebars to the stem by unscrewing the front plate of the stem, placing the handlebars in, and screwing the front plate back onto the stem. Put the stem on the frame and then, grease the bolt and put it into the stem.
- Grease the inside of the frame’s seat tube and put the seat clamp on the frame. Now, put the seat post in the seat clamp and finally, put the seat onto the seat post.
- Put grease in the crank tube of the frame and put the bearings in. Take the axel for the crank and slide on a bolt, followed by a washer and then, put your first bearings on. Now slide the axel through the crank tube and on the other side, slide your other bearings, a washer and then another bolt. Tighten both the bolts by using two wrenches and press the bearings together in the tube.
- Next, attach the sprocket to the crank arm, crank and spacer and slide it through the bearings, putting two spacers and the second crank arm on the other side. Use the bolt in the crank to screw it all together and tighten the bolt on the sprocket firmly.
- Put grease and pedals onto the crank arm, with the left pedal on the side without the sprocket.
- Now, put the wheels on. First, put the front wheel on by screwing on the sprocket pegs and then put on the back wheel.
- Put the chain on the back sprocket and connect the master link. Put the chain on the front sprocket and spin the crank a little. Put chain tightener on each side of the wheel.
- Adjust your handlebar and tighten them and the stem of the handlebars.
- Install the brakes and hurray! Your bike is ready for use.
Just make sure not to tighten the bolts too tight or too loose. When they stop spinning, that is the time to stop tightening. You have now completed your BMX racing bike.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.